The Universal Document Converter package includes a public API and code examples that make it possible to integrate the available resources into newly developed software applications. Automatic deployment will significantly speed up the installation of Universal Document Converter on any number of workstations.
Software developers can benefit from the Universal Document Converter “conversion kernel” focusing on their own projects implementing there the unique features and solutions offered by our “virtual printer”.
On this page:
- Deploy Universal Document Converter automatically
- Universal Document Converter public API
- Automation code examples
- Developer and server licenses
- Software based on Universal Document Converter API
By using automatic deployment of the Universal Document Converter it can be quickly installed on any number of computers within a corporation. Automatic installation can be performed via the command line using the parameters described on this article.
IUDC: primary API interface providing access to the capabilities of Universal Document Converter
- IPageFormat: provides access to page format settings
IUDCPrinter: general interface providing control of a Universal Document Converter instance
- IStatus: provides status information on the Universal Document Converter virtual printer
IProfile: document conversion configuration interface
- IPageSetup: controls output document page settings
IFileFormats: controls output file format
- IBMP: controls configuration of BMP output files
- IDCX: controls configuration of DCX output files
- IGIF: controls configuration of GIF output files
- IJPEG: controls configuration of JPEG output files
- IPCX: controls configuration of PCX output files
- IPNG: controls configuration of PNG output files
- ITIFF: controls configuration of TIFF output files
- IPDF: controls configuration of PDF output files
- IAdjustments: configures processing of the document being converted
- IWatermark: controls application of water marks to document pages
- IOutputLocation: controls the folder that houses the output files as well as output file names
- IPostProcessing: controls post-processing of documents being converted
- IAdvanced: controls Universal Document Converter’s advanced capabilities
Solutions for converting documents, drawings, charts and presentations based on Universal Document Converter API usage for different programming languages:
|Microsoft Word to PDF||Microsoft Excel to PDF||Microsoft Outlook to PDF|
|Microsoft Powerpoint to JPEG||Autodesk AutoCAD to PDF||Microsoft Visio to TIFF|
|Adobe PDF to JPG||See more examples…|
We offer three different licensing options for Universal Document Converter depending on your environment:
1. Regular licensing – limited number of users accessing your application.
If you are developing small or medium automation systems and know how many users would use Universal Document Converter, you need a regular Business License corresponding to the number of users who would use your application. This license allows using Universal Document Converter from your application, installing Universal Document Converter on every user’s computer and letting them use it as stand-alone application or sharing it over the network.
We provide significant discounts for developers or IT specialists, so this licensing option is the most flexible and convenient one.
2. Server license – unlimited access to your application which functions as a server-side system.
This license lets you install Universal Document Converter on one server and access it locally from your application. This license doesn’t allow installing Universal Document Converter on end-users’ computers and doesn’t allow sharing Universal Document Converter over the network. The price of the server license is $999.
3. Developer license – unlimited number of users accessing your application with distribution.
This license lets you distribute Universal Document Converter together with your application for an unlimited number of users. You can’t distribute or re-sell Universal Document Converter as a stand-alone application. The developer license costs $4500.
You can download demo version of Universal Document Converter Developer Edition here.
Any kind of developer option requires approval. Please send us a request for the license you need and we’ll find the best offer for you. Don’t forget to include a brief description of your project and the role that Universal Document Converter plays in it, as well as how many end-users are estimated. Send your request or any question you may have here.
1. Folder Mill. Usually Folder Mill is installed on the office server and monitors the folders used by the company employees. Folder Mill can follow the rules specified for each incoming file: whether or not it should be converted to another format. Thanks to this, each employee needs to do only two things: copy the file that he/she needs to convert into his/her personal network folder and get the converted document from another folder. No conversion needs to be performed manually.
2. Print Conductor is a simple batch printing utility. If you regularly have to open and print a large number of files, this elegant tool can be a real timesaver. Once you tell it which files to print, Print Conductor automates the rest of the process.
3. 2Printer is the command line utility that can automate printing documents and image files. The command line interface enables the users to create batch-files for automating their specific printing needs. This tool may be included in your Windows Task Scheduler to automate printing process on your computer. 2Printer is compatible with any mechanical printers connected to a computer or accessed via the local networks, and also virtual printers like Universal Document Converter.
Organist and Choir Director in St Augustine and St Mary Catholic Churches
«Universal Document Converter is simple to use, and customer support is excellent: should you need to contact them, you can expect a prompt, courteous, and informed reply. I highly recommend this excellent program!»