Alexandria, VA (May 31, 2005)
- the company fCoder Group, Inc. is delighted to introduce its Universal Document Converter 3.2 - a virtual printer, which now includes Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Terminal Services and Microsoft Windows XP Remote Desktop support!
Universal Document Converter is a virtual printer. Instead of sending documents to paper (as with a conventional printer) Universal Document Converter actually converts your documents into image files. Imagine being able to convert Adobe PDF's, Microsoft Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, AutoCAD files and Visio drawings into TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG or BMP images with resolutions of up to 1200 DPI just as easily as sending them to your printer! The resulting image files can then be used in your presentations, sent by email, published to the Web and much, much more. It doesn't even matter whether the recipient is using a Mac, PC, or Linux workstation. The resulting images are completely platform-independent and can thus be viewed and printed on any machine.
Hartmut Trepte from Siemens AG (Germany) says "In our department we are creating documents with Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visio. In the past we had first to print these documents and then to scan them to tiff format for archiving. Now we are using Universal Document Converter, which enables us to save a lot of time and paper. What is more, this software is able to generate one multipage tiff file from the both applications."
Version 3.2 of Universal Document Converter greatly increases the usability of the software for end users as well as for those who develop solutions based on Universal Document Converter.
New in Universal Document Converter 3.2:
- Windows 2000/2003 Terminal Services and Windows XP Remote Desktop are now supported.
- The set of parameters available on Universal Document Converter settings panel has been expanded.
- Universal Document Converter now has additional options for being controlled via developer's COM-interface.
- New and reviewed program usage samples and developer tutorials are available.